Monday, March 03, 2008

Oprah and her New Earth

By Claire Hoffman

I love Oprah--she's beautiful and powerful, frank and human. She laughs and cries and cares about beauty and politics and me. She helps pick out books and movies and presidential candidates. But sometimes the power and reach of Oprah...well, it frightens me.
Tonight will mark a new zenith in Oprah-dom. The great one begins a series of "webinars," live online courses to discuss the spiritual teachings of her newest Oprah Book Club author, Eckhart Tolle. Tolle's book "A New Earth," was first published in 2005 but now Oprah has embraced Tolle's spiritual philosophy on creating a "shift in consciousness" and so, I imagine, will her audience of millions (my pre-registration page warns that this may be the biggest online event EVER).

Read Entire Article